Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Best of Africa - Tanzania

(May 1st to 15th, 2009)

2. Tanzania

There is not much to say about my experience in Tanzania besides the fact that the past 2 weeks have been just incredible.

Our first stop in Tanzania was in Arusha. We stopped there just for one day before we headed to Ngorongoro Crater, which was by far, the best game drive I’ve been to. It is a beautiful place, with incredible scenery, and so many wild animals everywhere. There, we were able to spot black rhinos, buffalos, giraffes, monkeys, pink flamingos, all types of antelopes, warthogs, wildebeest, zebras, lions, cheetahs, hyenas, elephants, and much more.

Zanzibar… well, what can I say about it?? It is indeed paradise. A gorgeous island, with a strong and amazing Arabic influence very well blended with the African culture and feeling. During my 10 days in Zanzibar (2 days in Stonetown and 8 days in Kendwa Beach) I went diving, spear fishing, snorkeling, partied a lot and sure did celebrated my 22nd B-day, got many massages ($3/hour), and relaxed much more than I expected. Jessica, the American girl that was volunteering with me in Uganda, came to the Island to spend these 10 days with me. It was great and definitely a great break from my overland trip.

So, I have 2 more days in Zanzibar before I head back to Dar Es Salam to catch a 3 days train to Zambia, which I’m sure, will be a unique experience!!

I guess that is it for now. The movie will have to do its job again.



I will try to get online again soon…

Much love, Gi

1 comment:

  1. gi!!! eu, belzuste e vic assistimos aos videos e adoramos!!! hakuna matataaaa! beijos, carol, vic e bel

    ReplyDelete